Sunday, November 29, 2009

Made some more parts since my last post, check them out:

100_1046
Z Bar Top Clamp
100_1048
Z Bar Cracked

Clearly I cut the z-bar with the grain running the wrong way. I'll have to reorient and make some more, see if they survive better. Perhaps make them fatter?

100_1044
Y Motor Bracket
100_1045
Y Motor Bracket

I haven't cut out the opto-flag on these yet, I only got my "router" working in the past day or so. A router bit in a pedestal drill is the closest I have to a mill at the moment.

100_1042
Z Leadscrew Base
100_1043
Z Leadscrew Base

Z leadscrew bases, with my first work on my repurposed drill. I think the wood at the bottom of these may split under the weight at some point, but I'll deal with that when it happens.

100_1050
Ball Chain

You can still see the black marks on some of the balls in the ball chain where I measured its exact pitch. Turned out to be 4.77mm pitch, 3.6mm ball diameter, 3m for AU$12 at my local hardware store.

100_1051
NiChrome

From a toaster, so uninsulated. Considering insulating with aluminium, whose oxide is an excellent insulator while conducting heat quite readily.

100_1052
Ball Bearings

from Small Parts and Bearings who seem to be the only shop in Australia that has ball bearings in an online shop.

100_1053
Prints waiting to be cut

Various prints either made already or waiting to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment